Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Can making my home or home appliances "Green" enviromentally be a tax credit?

Whats the advantage other than the enviroment to me as a home owner by installing new appliances that are "green" and does the state reccognize and subsidize any part of the exspense

Can making my home or home appliances "Green" enviromentally be a tax credit?
I don't believe there are many tax credits for "greening" your home. There are some subsidies for installing solar panels, for example, but they are very small. Sadly, this administration has had it's head up it's *** about the environment, and we still have another year of it.





Some non-governmental benefits are that your bills will lower. It is an expensive investment, but over the long term, you will be paid back in lower heating, and cooling expenses.
Reply:I have heard of tax credits for energy efficient windows, furnaces, water heaters and such....but have never heard of any credit given for appliances. I think it has to be an improvement to the home itself before it qualifies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


tax credit © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting