Sunday, March 14, 2010

Additional child tax credit question?

My ex is signing a form to allow me to claim our daughter for exemtion purposes in 2006 even though she lived with him, I can;t recall the name of it so any help there would be great too so I don;t have to search for it to download LOL.


My question is, with this form can we also claim the additional child tax credit with her or does this form NOT apply to that deduction? It looks to me like she would not be a qualifying child for THAT credit, but for exemption purposes only. Thought I'd ask for anyone elses thoughts on it though.


Thanks!

Additional child tax credit question?
If your spouse lets you claim your daughter, even though she lived with him, he must sign and give you Form 8332,to turn in with your return, and then you are able to claim her as an exemption, and for the child tax credit, but not the EIC!
Reply:http://www.irs.gov





This website has all the answers. Or go to a local IRS office. They will help you out immensely, and not charge you for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


tax credit © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting