Sunday, October 11, 2009

How much do I have to earn this year in order to qualify for the earned income tax credit for my 3 children?

I just had a son the end of may so he is three months old. I Worked almost up until having him. I just want to make sure I plan to go back in time to make enough money because it's been really nice having a savings and taking the family on a vacation this year.

How much do I have to earn this year in order to qualify for the earned income tax credit for my 3 children?
If you earn at least $1 and are otherwise qualified for EIC, then you'd get it - the amount you'd get depends on what you earn for the year, though. On $1-50 income your EIC payment would be $10.
Reply:it's not a flat amount you get - the more you make, the more credit you get up to a certain point and then the credit goes back down to zero as you make more above that midpoint - I think around $10000 is near the midpoint


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


tax credit © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting