Sunday, October 11, 2009

How does the 10,000 special needs adoption tax credit work?

I've read I get to claim the whole 10K without documentation. Is that true? Does anyone have experience with this? Any info would be appreciated.

How does the 10,000 special needs adoption tax credit work?
I understood that the $10K adoption credit was for ANY adoption, not specifically "special needs".





That being said, we adopted a "special needs" child in 2004. We actually brought him home in 2003, but could not claim the adoption credit until the adoption was finalized in 2004. The only adoption information that we needed was an adoption tax ID number since he did not have a social security number.





I wish I could be of more assistance, but I believe you could research more about the tax credit on the internet.





Good luck!
Reply:It means people can get a tax credit for adopting children that were removed from their homes...many based on false documentation. The adoptive parents aren't the only ones making money off of the children and their families that is for sure.





I think exploitation should be voted in as a crime punishable by prison time and fined.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


tax credit © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting